Social Worker (SDOH)
Steward Health Care Network
Steward Health Care Network
The role of the Social Worker is to assist and support individuals with Substance Use Disorders (SUD) and Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) needs. The objective of the Social Worker is to assess patients in the Emergency Department in order to determine program eligibility, provide patient with a multi-disciplinary care team and educate them on available resources within Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) and the community.
* Assesses, develops, and coordinates a clinical care management team for patients with acute or chronic psychiatric disorders in a post-acute care setting.
* Provides thorough program eligibility screening, psychosocial evaluation, and clinical consultation as an integral part of the Care Management team.
* Maintains an open level of communication with treating Physician, Behavioral Health Navigator, and Case Manager in planning and directing each patient's treatment program.
* Following results of psychosocial evaluation, engages patient in the process of developing a patient-centered treatment plan
* Oversees individual treatment and progress in accordance with SHCN policy and procedure, along with state regulations.
* Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimes.
* Interprets psychiatric treatment to patient's family and helps to reduce fear and other attitudes obstructing acceptance of psychiatric care and continuation of treatment.
* Makes referrals to CHW, community-based NP/PA, MAT Provider, as appropriate, local EMS and/or additional community support services and resources.
* Utilize resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of patients and families.
* Provides ongoing education to case managers to promote understanding of patients' psycho/social needs and assists with referrals to other disciplines.
* Develops and implements support or assistive programs when necessary.
* Provide solutions to complex clinical problems through analysis, identification of programs, and opportunities for improvement to align with strategic plan of SHCN and Care Management.
* Provides concise and thorough documentation through psycho/social assessment and progress notes, which will include changes in medical psych/social functioning, progression and attainment of goals, referrals to internal and external agencies, and contact/involvement with patient's family.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Experience working in a hospital and/or post-acute care environment strongly preferred
* Must be able to effectively communicate with patients, family members, case managers, treating physicians and community organizations.
* Must be able to effectively serve on a multi-disciplinary care team and provide treatment recommendations to team based on results of psychosocial evaluation
* Must possess the interpersonal skills to engage individuals and families in helping relationships.
* Must be able to cope with the pressure of time limitations while respecting the needs of the patient and the requirements of the organization/department.
* Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Ability to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of information, perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change, and manage transitions effectively from task to task.
* Must possess a strong belief in an organizational culture that encourages valuing and best service excellence practices demonstrated through personal behavior and work ethic.
* Ability to travel, including valid driver's license and auto liability insurance coverage according to company policy.
* Must possess the ability to present and explain complex material to physicians and other providers and member populations in a professional manner.
Education: Masters degree in Social Work required.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years working within a health care environment.
Licensure: LCSW required; LICSW preferred.
Job Reference #: 51446