Transitions Coordinator - Medical Assistant
Position Purpose: Steward Health Care System is committed to compassion, accountability, respect, excellent, and stewardship. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Steward Health Care System is a community-based accountable care organization and community hospital network.
The Transitions Coordinator, Medical Assistant will report directly to the Transitions Team Manager and function as a member of a team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day-to-day operations in a busy office.
- Conduct post-discharge phone calls for targeted discharges for Steward Risk patients.
- Ensure appropriate post-discharge appointments are scheduled; schedule as needed.
- Validate post-discharge services are in place; e.g., VNA, Elder Services, etc.
- Utilizing an algorithm, refer patient to appropriate care management programs as needed.
- Use clinical knowledge to identify and assess the patient for required follow up and be a resource to non-licensed staff on medical topics.
- Escalate issues to RN supervisor as needed.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
Years of Experience:
Work Related Experience:
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3825