Vice President, ACO Program Operations
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: This position leads ACO Program operations nationally.
Facilitate cross-business unit collaboration to scale ACO program operations nationally in support growth in across all regions. This includes:
- Decision-making regarding operations, policies & procedures, and resources that can be standardized nationally vs. tailored locally.
- Partner with managed care and network development teams to drive national growth in ACO programs
- Partner with health plan leadership to identify and execute upon integrated growth opportunities across health plan & ACO divisions
Provide operational direction and oversight for all aspects of the ACO Division, including finance, operations, and governance. Drive performance in ACO programs through regional leadership team.
Orchestrate annual ACO budget development to set financial targets by region & business unit, design programs strategies to achieve those targets, and oversee teams to implement these targets. With regional leadership, manage performance against budget throughout the year.
Resolve internal and external issues escalated related to ACO programs. Leadership contact for federal and state agencies with who Steward has government contracts.
Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree or higher preferred
Years of Experience:
- 10+ years in health care
- Understanding of the health care delivery setting including both hospital and physician reimbursement.
- Understanding of risk-based reimbursement in commercial and government programs healthcare programs.
- Possesses specialized knowledge in accountable care, population health, or other related field/s; preferred.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively.
- Ability to create, interpret, and disseminate information succinctly and clearly across multiple internal and external stakeholders, including providers.
- Applies strong project management techniques to take initiatives from idea to execution.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues across departments in a highly matrixed environment.
- Requisite poise, judgement, and trustworthiness to represent Steward to internal and external groups.
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Ability to mentor and develop staff.
- Travel required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2451