The Wellness Coach will work closely with clients to promote healthy living and behavioral change for Chronic Disease Management through population management of registry, health education, and preventive care delivery. The Wellness Coach will be responsible for developing a coaching relationship with clients and through Motivational Interviewing (MI), assist them in the process of actively managing their chronic conditions by providing support, encouragement, and health education. The Wellness Coach will help individuals use existing skills and develop new skills to improve their health and quality of life. This position will have a focus on transition of care and behavior modification for clients with Chronic Conditions such as COPD, CAD, CHF, Obesity, and Diabetes. The position reports to the Senior Manager of Pharmacy and Wellness Programs.
- Assists clients in creating a health vision and goals for their Health & Wellness Program.
- Provides telephonic, coaching, counseling, consultation, information, and/or referral services to clients managing various chronic health conditions utilizing established protocols, procedures, and educational methodologies in an accurate and courteous manner.
- Utilizes “teach back” technique to confirm participants understanding of information shared during the coaching session.
- Assists coaching participants by answering questions and providing program information and education about program services, guidelines, and policies in an accurate and courteous manner.
- Utilizes Motivational Interviewing techniques and excellent communication skills to evoke change and/or increase clients desire to change behavior and adopt a healthier lifestyle; documents patient activities and coaching sessions in established electronic clinical record system.
- Identifies co-morbid conditions, hospitalizations, prescriptions, and other factors that could impact the coaching and support needs of customers outside the scope of the wellness coaching program.
- Coordinates and supports wellness events to further the goal of overall improvement of patient health; develops customized care plans for program participants that include clearly defined goals and plans of action.
- Works with a multidisciplinary team of nurses, doctors and pharmacists to deliver the highest quality of care.
- Demonstrates the ability to deliver effective telephonic coaching in a manner that promotes behavior change.
- Appropriately adapts telephonic coaching and education methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, and age-specific needs of each patient served.
- Provides input, referral, and follow-up for individual chronic condition management efforts.
- Promotes participation in the offered wellness programs.
- Demonstrates the ability to facilitate group classes in a way that encourages group participation and discussion and promotes behavior change and improved outcomes.
- Attends scheduled and periodic meetings, trainings, and other job-specific events as required.
- Supports operational aspects of the company to meet the company’s customer requirements and satisfaction.
- Complies with all HIPAA and ADA laws with respect to protected health information and discrimination.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Three to five years’ experience within wellness coaching.
- Must have previous experience with telephonic coaching.
- Wellness Coaching Certification strongly preferred.
- MS Office Suite.
- Understanding of the health care delivery setting.
- Experience with diverse populations a plus.
RD Wellness Coach Education/Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science required; Master’s preferred
- Registered Dietitian; Registered by the American Dietetic Association preferred
- Current RD licensure in MA preferred
- 3 years’ clinical experience in Medical Nutrition Therapy.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4936